The grand anticipation to the revealing of the STPM 2009 results has come and gone this afternoon. Besides students who collected their own results feeling joy and pain, the general public will also like to know about how well the vintage group of 2009 did in their STPM Form 6 exams. Berry Berry Easy will help everybody save some reading time and summarise everything from major newspapers periodically until everything on this matter settles down. Without further adieu, we present you the STPM 2009 Results that was published on the 25th of February 2010.
Summary of STPM Results 2009 – 25th February 2010 – The Summary (Last update 10:29pm, 25th February 2010)
The Malaysian Examination Council (MEC) has announced that :
[Summarised from : NST website ~ 10pm 25/02/2010]
- 92.55% of the 52,348 Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM) candidates of 2009 obtained full pass. [NST 10pm 25/02/2010]
[Summarised from : Berita Harian website ~ 10pm 25/02/2010]
- Chairman of the MEC, Prof Tan Sri Dr Dzulkifli Abdul Razak said that 4,316 candidates obtained full pass in 5 subjects, whereas there are 20,670 candidates who obtained pass grades in 4 subjects
- From the same source, 9797, 7412 and 6251 candidates obtained full pass in three subjects, two subjects and one subject, respectively.
- Percentage students (government school, private school and private candidates) who obtained full pass in five and four subjects increased to 47.73% as compared to STPM 2008′s 44.09%
- Only 13,205 STPM 2009 students took five subjects. (maximum allowable)
- A total of 15 STPM 2009 candidates obtained Grade A in five subjects, as compared to 13 candidates in STPM 2008.
- From the 15, six are from science stream, while the other nine are from arts stream.
- The gulf between urban and rural students remained large with 12.14% candidates from urban areas scoring 5A, 4A and 3As as compared to only 7.06% from rural areas.
*MEC is the English name for Majlis Peperiksaan Malaysia (MPM). Please refer to the original sources for the exact figures. Any misinformation on this post is greatly regretted.
The Berry Berry Teacher would like to know how STPM 2009 candidates fared in the exams. Do drop us a line.