For Berry Readers who are looking for STPM Chemistry tips or prediction, search no further as Berry Berry Easy is pleased to give out the topik ramalan (not soalan bocor) for the subject. Without sounding like a broken radio which repeats itself, tips should only be used to reduce the study scope when you are running out of time and only if you have completed at least few rounds of studying in the first place. Please do not only read this tips, as although last year 2009 tips might be very accurate, but it is better to be studying everything. So please leave now if you have not completed your studies and only come back to this site another day when you have revise on the whole syllabus.
As a word of caution, please be aware that there are absolutely nothing such as soalan bocor 100% tepat, tips sakti or any prediction that guarantees your success. Nobody can claim to have those unless they can predict the future (which nobody can) or have obtained the papers before hand (which is also not possible, unless illegal means). So don’t be fooled to buy tips online, get it free from this site.
Make sure you take note of the * and ** symbols which denotes upward trends in STPM exams and berry hot topics for STPM 2010, repectively. Either which, you will not want to skip in your revision plan. So for Paper 2 (where the tips is more crucial), please read up on electronic structure of atoms, equilibria, thermochemistry, carbonyl compounds, carboxylic acid, carboxylic derivatives, amino acids and proteins, Group 15 and d-block elements. (You can read most of those chapters on Berry Notes to ensure that you understand everything about these chapters, so please bookmark the notes section if you want to score well)
STPM Chemistry 2010 – Tips and Predictions for Papers 962/1 and 962/2
Prediction for STPM Chemistry 2010 Paper 962/1
- Chemical Bonding (2 – 5 questions / average ~ 3 questions). Berry Berry Easy questions.
- Equilibria: Chemical Equilibrium, Ionic Equilibrium and Phase Equilibrium* (7 – 10 questions / average ~ 8 questions). In recent years (2005 -2009), this has become a BIT that you must fully understand it. Usually involves calculations and chemistry concepts.
- Electrochemistry* (2 – 4 questions / average ~ 3 questions)
- Hydrocarbon* (2 – 5 questions / average ~ 4 questions)
- Hydroxy Compounds (2 – 3 questions / average ~ 2 questions)
- Polymer* (1 – 3 questions / average ~ 2 questions)
- Group 15: Nitrogen and its Compounds* (2-3 questions / average ~ 2 questions)
- d-Block Elements* (2 – 3 questions / average ~ 3 questions)
Next Young Berries also need to revise on the following topics. These topics usually consist of 1 – 2 questions.
- Electronic Structure of Atoms*
- The Periodic Table
- Reaction Kinetics
- Group 14: C, Si, Ge, Sn, Pb
- Group 17: Cl, Br, I
- Carbonyl Compounds
- Carboxylic Acids Derivatives
- Amino Acids and Proteins
* Important topics that has shown steady upward trend in appearance in STPM.
Prediction for STPM Chemistry 2010 Paper 962/2
This is tough to predict in this section because between the Year 2006 and 2009, all the topics (Physical, Organic and Inorganic) are evenly distributed! One question is a combination of two to three chapters! Try to be consistent in learning (good learning habit) rather than last minute study. If you are doing the last minute study now, I would advise you to memorise all the organic chemical equations. It would be very handy for you!
- **Electronic Structures of Atoms
- Reaction Kinetics
- **Equilibria (Chemical Equilibrium, Ionic Equilibrium and Phase Equilibrium)
- **Carbonyl Compounds
- **Carboxylic Acids
- **Carboxylic Derivatives
- **Amino acids and Proteins
- Period 3 & Group 2: Selected Properties (Have not appear in Paper 2 yet since 2005 until 2009 but this topic always combine with The Periodic Table in Physical Chemistry)
- **Group 15: Nitrogen and its Compounds
- **d-Block Elements
**Berry Hot Topics for STPM 2010
Remember not to buy tips online. Instead do share this free exams tips and this website with your friends too. Sharing with caring. Remember to join our Facebook group/fanpage if you want the latest updates on exams tips/news. If you want to share this tips, you may also publish a link to this post. Thank you.
(Disclaimer: Students really should only use tips as last-minute narrowing of scope to study, after you have done studying everything many times and done all your past-year questions. There are not tips 100% or ramalan tepat, anybody who claim so is obviously not speaking the truth. So do only use this tips as supplementary to your studies and remember not to buy tips from websites online.)