Breaking ‘old’ news for Berry Readers: For those who did not know about the modular system proposed for STPM 2011, it has since been changed to be implemented in 2012. So for those who will enter Lower 6 in 2012, take note of this news and share this post from Berry Berry Easy with your friends.
Modular System for Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM) 2012
- What: New grading system for STPM examinations
- When: To be implemented in 2012
- Explanation of the modular system:
- The modular system will have its assessment conducted at the end of the semester.
- Each of the three semesters will have assessments.
- The motivation behind this move is to mimic the continuous assessment in typical tertiary education institutions.
- Coursework and school-based projects will also be assessed.
- Only lower six students will be affected.
- The content of the STPM syllabus however will stay the same.
- This new announcement by Deputy Education Minister Datuk Dr. Wee Ka Siong will overwrite those made in 2009.
So what’s your say on this modular based system? Is this a move forward or a step backwards? How will students cope with this new rules? Drop your comments at Berry Berry Easy to have your say, we will love to hear them.