Standard 1 School Registration in Malaysia for academic session of year 2012 and 2013 is now opened. This tutorial from Berry Berry Easy will briefly explain the application process for the state of Selangor (due to having the highest request from Selangor parents), although it is roughly applicable for most states in Malaysia.
School Registration for Standard 1 Students in Malaysia Year 2012-2013
- Pendaftaran Murid Darjah 1 di Malaysia Tahun 2012-2013
As school-going children entering Year 1 (Darjah 1) is typically 6-7 years of age, this registration is for the academic year of 2012-2013.
Two-step registration process:
- Visit the official Selangor State Education Department website < http://www.moe.gov.my/jpnselangor/v3/> to submit your child’s information. This can be done from 1st of March 2011 onwards until 30th April 2011 (Time is running out, so make sure you don’t procrastinate any further).
- Make sure you have read ‘PENGENALAN SISTEM‘ and ‘TATACARA DAN PANDUAN PERMOHONAN‘ before you proceed with the registration.
- After reading the necessary information to avoid mistakes, you can finally proceed to ‘BORANG PERMOHONAN ONLINE‘ to apply online.
- Once all steps are done, you can wait for the results of placement to be announced by visiting the ‘SEMAKAN STATUS PENEMPATAN MURID‘. You would only need to key in your child’s MyKid number.
Eventually you’ll have to visit the school that your child will be attending. You will need various documents during the school visit (to the school’s administration office). Bring along (both original and photocopy):
- Printed online registration form
- Utility bill of the address used
- Birth certificate of your child
- MyKid card
- Your (father and mother’s) I/Cs
- Marriage Certificate
- Return envelope (an envelope with your registered address written and affixed with stamps)
[Disclaimer: Please always check the information with the official websites for the latest information. Berry Berry Easy will not be held responsible for any error made in this post.]
If there are any glaring errors, please inform us so we can make the appropriate changes to help out all parents who are not sure with the process. Please do not leave it until the last minute.