STPM Biology 2011 – Tips and Predictions for Papers 964/4
Examination Format for STPM Biology 2011 Paper 964/4 Written Practical Test Paper 4
Taken from Peperiksaan STPM (Malaysia Higher School Certificate) Biology Syllabus, Majlis Peperiksaan Malaysia (Malaysian Examination Council)
Who are required to take this STPM Biology Paper 4 Written Practical Test
- Individual private candidates,
- Candidates from private schools which have no permission to carry out the school-based assessment of practical work,
- Candidates who repeat upper six (in government or private schools), and
- Candidates who do not attend classes of lower six and upper six for two consecutive years (in government or private schools) are required to take this paper.
The written practical test will be made of two structured questions to test the candidates’ understanding of practical procedures in the laboratory. The Malaysian Examinations Council will not be strictly bound by the syllabus in setting questions. When appropriate, candidates will be given sufficient information to enable them to answer the questions. Only knowledge of theory within the syllabus and knowledge of usual laboratory practical procedures will be expected.
Question to be set will test candidates’ ability to
- Record readings from diagrams of apparatus,
- Describe, explain, comment on or suggest experimental arrangements, techniques and procedures,
- Complete tables of data and/or plot graphs,
- Interpret, draw conclusions from, and evaluate observations and experimental data or diagrams of specimens,
- Suggest precautions or safety measures
- Use theories to explain the results of experiments,
- Perform simple calculations based on experiments.
Questions to be set in the written practical test will test candidates’ knowledge and understanding in three aspects as follows.
It is consisting 10% of the Biology paper. Two compulsory structured questions are to be answered. Marks will not be deducted for wrong answers.
Berry Berry Easy wishes all STPM 2011 Biology candidates good luck. Please share this tips with your friends and return credits (with links) to Berry Berry Easy if you wish to share them in your blogs.