Lost your SPM or STPM cert? Worry no more, as Berry Readers may easily obtain a replacement copy of their Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) or Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM) certificates. Read all about it here on Berry Berry Easy.
Replacing SPM and/or STPM Certificates
What: Replacement of lost Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) and Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM) certificates.
Where: Malaysian Examinations Syndicate (MES) in Putrajaya
How to apply for a replacement SPM certificate
A) In person from the Malaysian Examinations Syndicate (MES)
- Fill in a form (downloaded from http://www.moe.gov.my/lp or obtained from the office at Block E11 in Putrajaya)
- Attach a postal order of RM10
- Bring along MyKad (bring along photocopies of it too)
- Wait for an hour for the replacement certificate to be processed
B) Postal Application
- For postal application, you’ll require a police report in addition to the other relevant documents stated above.
- Wait for your copy of the replacement certificate to be sent to your place via post
This process is only valid for SPM candidates who took their SPM examinations from the year 1994 onwards.
For those who sat their SPM examinations before the year 1994, a two-week wait is necessary as the records have not been digitised.
How to apply for a replacement STPM certificate
- Download the replacement STPM certificate form at http://www.mpm.edu.my
- Pay RM 50 for the placement
If application is made in person in Bandar Baru Selayang, a waiting time of only two hours is required for the new STPM certificate to be reissued.
For postal applications, the replacement certificate will be posted one day after the application is received.
Note that no police report is required.
So for Berry Readers who have lost their SPM/STPM certificates, do remember to apply for the a replacement certificate. You’ll need them when you apply for universities, scholarships and work in the future.