Education system and school types in Malaysia. Have any readers ever wondered about the various types of schools in Malaysia? Surely you’ll know your Sekolah Kebangsaans and Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaans, but do you know of the rest? Berry Berry Easy would like to shed some light on the various schools in the portfolio of the Malaysian School System or Education System. This is Part 2 in the series.
Types of Education in Malaysia (Part 2)
- Sekolah Berprestasi Tinggi
- Sekolah Imtiaz Simbol Kecermelangan Akademik
- 10 Dipilih Rangkaian Sekolah Amanah Yayasan Amir
- Sekolah Amanah
- Sekolah Bestari
- KSSR Terap 1Malaysia
- Program Transisi Prasekolah Ke Tahun Satu
- Sekolah Pendidikan Khas
- Sekolah Wawasan
- Profesion Perguruan
- Pra Sekolah
- Sekolah Pendidikan Agama (SMKA)
- Kategori Institut Pendidikan Swasta
- Sekolah Pendidikan Vokasional
- Senarai Institut Pengajian Tinggi Awam (IPTA) Di Malaysia
- Maktab Rendah Sains MARA (MRSM)
In this part (Part 2), Berry Berry Easy will focus on Type 6-10 on the list.
6) KSSR Terap 1Malaysia
A new primary school curriculum “Kurikulum Standard Sekolah Rendah (KSSR)” that will be introduced in 2011to combine various subjects into one and to intriduce a new subject with the themes of patriotism and nationalism. KSSR will be introduced to Standard 1 schoolchildren. It will complement the present “Kurikulum Bersepadu Sekolah Rendah (KBSR)” curriculum instead of replacing it.
- Modul Asas Teras
- Modul Asas Tema
- Modul Asas Elektif.
7) Program Transisi Prasekolah Ke Tahun Satu
Program Transisi Prasekolah ke Tahun Satu (Preschool transition to Standard 1) is a program to facilitate the changes from non-formal education to formal education in Standard 1. The program lasts 3 months. It aims to allow children to familiarise themselves with the surroundings, teachers and new friends in a short time.
8) Sekolah Pendidikan Khas
Special Education Schools for students with problems with sights and listening. Among programmes offered are for:
b) Primary School Education
c) Secondary School Education
Special schools include:
- Sekolah Menengah Pendidikan Khas Persekutuan Pulau Pinang
- Sekolah Menengah Pendidikan Khas Vokasional Shah Alam
- Sekolah Menengah Vokasional (EAT) Azizah, Johor Baru
- Sekolah Menengah Teknik Langkawi, Kedah
- Sekolah Menengah Teknik Batu Pahat, Johor
- Sekolah Menengah Vokasional Bagan Serai, Perak
- Sekolah Menengah Teknik Tanah Merah, Kelantan
- Sekolah Menengah Vokasional Keningau, Sabah
9) Sekolah Wawasan
- Kompleks Sekolah Wawasan Pekan Baru, Parit Buntar, Perak
- Kompleks Sekolah Wawasan Taman Aman, Alor Setar, Kedah
- Kompleks Sekolah Wawasan Tasik Permai, Pulau Pinang
- Kompleks Sekolah Wawasan USJ 15, Subang Jaya, Selangor
- Kompleks Sekolah Wawasan Pundut, Seri Manjung, Perak
10) Profesion Perguruan
The “Bahagian Pendidikan Guru” (loosely translated as “The Teachers Education Division “) has the responsibility to set up guidelines for the training of teachers, selection of candidates for training and plan and run the staff development programmes. Among programmes that are being operated:
- Kursus Diploma Perguruan Malaysia (KDPM)
- Kursus Perguruan Lepasan Ijazah (KPLI)
- Program Khas Pensiswazahan Guru (PKPG)
For management and leadership, the Institut Aminuddin Baki is responsible for identifying qualified candidates for the post of Headmaster/Principal and also to manage training programmes for education leadership and management.
This marks the end of this part. Stay tuned to Berry Berry Easy for the final part.